Light Rigid (LR) Class Licence
Light Rigid (LR) class licence allows you to drive
- Any motor vehicle more than 4.5 tonnes GVM but no more than 8 tonnes GVM.
- Any single towed trailer with a GVM not greater than 9 tonnes.
- Also includes any vehicle with a GVM of no more than 8 tonnes which carries more than 12 adults including the driver.
Note: There are no restrictions on the number of axles for this class of licence
- Also includes vehicles in Class C.
Light rigid vehicle is one with a load of 4.5 tonnes GVM to 8 tonnes GVM weight and also one, which can carry only 12 adults at a time, including the driver. For getting a light rigid vehicle Licence, you would need to undergo road training with an expert instructor who can guide you with handling the vehicle efficiently on the roads.
We are one of the reputed truck driving schools in Sydney, with many efficient and experienced instructors who can train you to handle a light rigid vehicle with all expertise.
One of the requirements of LR Licence in Sydney is to obtain a certificate of competency from a reputed driving school and we, at Ellis boast of supplying innumerable certificates for the happy drivers.
With the practise that we provide in handling light, rigid vehicle driving, you will obtain your LR Licence in no time at all and drive it happily on Sydney and NSW roads.
Upgrade to LR Licence Class
You must have held a Class C licence (not a learner) for at least one year.
How to get an LR Licence
- Pass the Driver Knowledge Test (you can do this before or after your on road practical service with Ellis Driving School)
- Complete an application form,
- Show evidence of your identity (this may be your driver’s licence),
- Pass an eyesight test,
- Produce the Certificate of Competency (Issued by Ellis Driving School) to show that you’ve passed the driving test or the training program,
- Pay the new licence fee.
Contact Ellis Driving School on 0410 806 777 to make a booking now and get your LR Licence